With Vitality live-in care, a private GP service is always included at no extra cost.
Of course, this makes Vitality live-in care exceptional value for money.
That’s not the most important point, though.
We know that this part of our service is essential for high-quality live-in care, and that is why we do it.
Your private GP helps to optimise your health through everyday advice and care planning. They can also respond swiftly to any health concerns, which may stop a problem from growing into something more serious.
With Vitality live-in care, your private GP will:
- Visit you at home or in hospital when you join us, getting to know you from the start
- Review your medications
- Recommend lifestyle changes to promote your overall health and wellbeing
- Supervise your care plan
- Carry out a monthly review to make sure your care remains up-to-date
- Advise your Personal Assistant and other members of your care team whenever needed
- Answer your questions and listen to your health concerns
- With your permission, share information and advice with your family
- Always be available for urgent problems and emergencies, with cover provided when they are having some time off
- Always work with your usual NHS GP.
We believe in the values of the traditional GP, which includes building a longstanding, trusting relationship between the doctor and their patient.
We also offer house calls when needed, because we believe that GP home visits are often appropriate for patients who are elderly or who have complex conditions.
This is not a substitute for your NHS GP – it’s a valuable addition. Your private GP will always work closely with your family doctor in the NHS.
If you agree, thanks to our smart technology we can also exchange information with your NHS surgery through a new service called GP Connect. This ensures we are all on the same page, and working together to keep you well at home.
You can read more about your professional care team here.