Live in Care Sevenoaks, Kent

Specialist and respite care

Vitality Home Health provides live-in care for people with a range of specialist health conditions such as dementia, Parkinson’s and cancer.

If you’re responsible for caring for somebody who lives in their own home, we can also provide short-term respite care to help you take a well-earned break.

Below is more information about the costs of specialist care and sources of funding for respite care including self-funding, local authorities and charities. Contact our specialist advisers to discuss the care needs for you or your loved one.

Specialist care

A common solution for people with specialist health conditions is domiciliary care. However, hourly care charges for additional services such as food preparation, hospital appointment support and domestic duties quickly mount up, especially for people with complex conditions such as advanced neurological issues and severe physical incapacities.

An inclusive live-in care service is cost-effective and can work out cheaper than domiciliary care.

If you or a loved one require specialist care, contact Vitality Home Health to discuss your options. Conditions we care for include:

Respite care

If you’re a carer who needs a break, temporary live-in respite care can provide reliable continuity of care for a short period of time. Often, you or the loved one you care for will need to self-fund the respite care, though financial help may be available (see below).

With Vitality Home Health, the cost of live-in respite care includes a full needs assessment, a bespoke care plan, personal assistant matching and around-the-clock assistance from our care team for the entire respite period. Our respite care is available for a minimum of one week and the cost depends on the length of time the personal assistant is required and the individual needs.

We also work with a number of specialist not-for-profit partners who can advise on funding options for live-in respite care. Planning respite periods ahead of time can help you take full advantage of the funding options available.

Help paying for respite care

Local authorities – arrangements vary around the country but a local authority will usually carry out a community care assessment to work out whether you qualify for respite funding. Check with your local authority for details. Our advisers at Vitality Home Health can help you arrange a community care assessment with your local authority to discover whether you’re eligible for financial support.

Charities – charities specialising in respite care funding may also be able to help you finance a carer break. If you are interested in exploring your options, Vitality Home Health’s advisers can provide information on suitable grants, donations and supported holidays for your specific circumstances.

NHS – the NHS doesn’t usually pay for respite care. However, there may be other NHS funding schemes or benefits available to cover the cost of respite care so it’s worth consulting your GP or healthcare professional for advice. Click here for more information on NHS continuing healthcare funding.

Scroll to Top
Need live-in care?

No waiting lists - carers available now!

Assessments within 24 hours of enquiry